Drive Traffic To Your Blog, Online Store or Affiliate Links by Optimising Your Facebook Profile
How To Drive Traffic
If you own a website, online store or are an affiliate marketer, then you know that ‘no traffic = no business”. With the online space being so competitive right now, generating traffic to our online properties feels like a never-ending task.. but we gotta do what we gotta do.
Basically, we have two traffic options – paid or free. Unless you have extra moolah or budget to spend on creating and testing your ad campaigns, then you’ll have to start working on generating free traffic streams.
When trying to get free traffic from Facebook, we need to remember one important thing: Facebook wants to have a captive audience, to keep its users on its platform and does not like sending people away from it.
You may have wondered why some of your posts (especially those with embedded links) don’t get much engagement or interaction? That’s because Facebook’s algorithm is clever enough to refrain frequent posts with outgoing links from being shown to everyone. I’ll share with you my tip or hack on how to overcome that issue in my upcoming guide. I will also be creating a separate guide on Facebook advertising but for now, let’s get started with harnessing free traffic from Facebook instead.
With over 25 b-i-l-l-i-o-n visits every month, it would be foolish for us not to try and drive at least some of that traffic back to our blogs, ecom stores or affiliate product links.
Hack #1 : Optimising Your Profile
By now, I am sure you already have your personal profile on Facebook – which is different from a Fan Page.
A Fan Page is more like a ‘brand or corporate page’ for your product or services. These days, when it comes to doing business, it’s not just about B2B or B2C – but rather P2P – Person to Person. Facebook users prefer to connect and interact with fellow users and I personally feel that your Facebook Profile is more powerful than your Fan Page – so let’s start optimising it by completing these essential elements:
Take a look at your own Facebook Profile and explore the left panel areas that you should be optimising:
Click on Edit Profile & Update:
- Cover Photo
- Profile Picture
- Bio – Be clear and concise, let your audience know who you are and what you do PLUS leave enough space for your featured link
- Customise Your Intro – Take advantage of this because this is where you put all your links to your online properties – website links & landing pages and social media handles
- Featured – instead of including 9 selected photos – create a ‘purposeful’ image to promote what you do or what you can give.
- For this Featured photo – to add text, click on the photo itself and click Edit button on the right – add your message and links (refer to the sample below:
- Request to join HERE: https://www.facebook.com/groups/KitsaniMarketing
- Get my free training and free ebooks at: https://kitsani.com/free-training-videos/
- Recommended tool for images: Canva.com
That’s all for now… Keep a look out for my next hack to generate free traffic from Facebook by Joining and Creating Facebook Groups.